Yes. That is snow on the green grass. Crazy, eh. Thankfully it is all melted now because snow in October is not exciting for mommies of little kids. The girls did have a great time making a snow-girl with their wonderfully patient daddy. It was great to see Evalyn try to get the hang of walking in snow pants and snow boots.
Once again, I cannot figure out how to rotate the pictures. It is alot easier for you to just tilt your head... Do you see the face of this little angel? Don't let it fool you! She loves to antagonize and attack her older sister. I have been reading blogs of friends (a*hem, Andrea) who's little girls love to play together and can *imagine this!* be left alone in a room without brawling it out against one another. Please, oh please, let me know how this was made possible. Jacob tells me that its in their genes, but it would be wonderful to find a solution. Evalyn loves her older sister, Olivia, but she also loves to pester her. It feeds her soul and seems to be very addictive on her little system... please send answers. I really need them.

My cute little rats. They had so much fun! And for those of you who are asking in incredulous voices, yes, I am allowing them to eat the snow. C'mon, we all do/did it. I already gave them the old "watch out for the yellow snow" lecture anyways.
Angle your head again...Olivia loves to hold Avery. And sing to Avery. And burp Avery. And talk to Avery....
Hmm, I'm starting to get an idea as to why Evalyn is fighting (literally) for Olivia's attention.
Both girls do really well with baby sister. Evalyn is still very rambunctious and not as 'coordinated', so it is a little scary when she comes running to see the baby. Mommy is getting great biceps from handing Avery Jane back and forth in 10 second intervals as the girls take turns holding her.
Look at that foot! It is a cute, "awwww" picture, but also: that is a HUGE foot for one of our babies! Avery Jane (at two weeks) is in the 5th percentile for weight (7 lbs 2 oz) and the... 70th percentile for height. Correct, that is a 7 with a zero after it. Awesome! We have never had a child above the 10th in anything. Baby sister is going to be the giant of the family if she keeps this up. Quite exciting for her mommy who is struggling to reach 5'2''.
Ha! Well, I'm pretty sure the reason my girls play nicely is because Abi Kate is only 9 1/2 months old, and therefore, can't pick on Natalie. Natalie still thinks of Abi as a little baby, so there's no fighting going on there either. Give 'em time, and I"m sure they'll be at each other's throats. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the snow! I am so not ready for snow yet....I'm thinking after Thanksgiving I'll be ready. But now? Definitely not...I need more fall before winter creeps in.
Congrats to Avery on making the percentiles! That's great! Your girls are so cute. Love the pics. We'll have to get together over the holidays. I'm sure Natalie would love some friends, and I'd love to catch up with you. :)
SNOW! Can't believe it. Wow. It melts faster than it falls here in Emmett. I sort of miss the snow, but of course I would never miss it in October...maybe it would be missed in later december and jan. Those are the months of best snow time for me. Cute snowgirl
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHey I enjoyed reading your blog and see pictures of your girls. I just update and still need to update some halloween pictures. Hey speaking of evalyn, I was the meanest sister and now I am the best sister (wink) Just keep being patience, love her and be best example then you will be fine! Your awesome mother and friend!
ReplyDeleteWow... snow already... None here in Garden City. Well... we definetly miss you guys here. Nicole especially!!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you got snow. Crazy! I want to see Halloween pictures. Keep up the great work Amy. Love ya.
ReplyDelete