Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pictures, pictures, and.....more pictures


The blog-bug has not bitten me in quite a while. I am trying to get motivated with that. I still enjoy "blog-stalking" others and see how their lives are. I should probably allow others the same.
It is freezing here (-5 degrees last night!), so the girls and I are doing our best to have fun inside.
Olivia and Evalyn are fighting less...actually they are just getting better about not drawing blood when they fight (baby steps forward). Avery is ginormous and is already wearing clothes that her sisters were walking in. Her abs are looking better than mine since she is always trying to pull her head and shoulders up when she is laying on her back. Jacob is loving teaching and passed two more Praxis exams with flying colors. I am slowly heading toward normal and have actually starting "running" every day (notice the quotation marks). I count it as "running" since I am rhythmically moving faster than a walk and gasping for air.
I am excited for Christmas. We made felt decorations this year so the girls are able to decorate and redecorate the tree to their hearts desire. More pictures later.






My grandmother gave Olivia this gingerbread kit for her first Christmas. 3 years later, we've finally opened it up and enjoyed it. All I can say is that it is Awesome and Easy and Fun to do with the young 'uns. I will be looking for more of these kits in the after Christmas sales.




Avery Jane is sleeping through the night. Seriously. I use to say that when the other girls were sleeping 5 hours at a time, but this girl sleeps 8-10 hours... straight. Now that the body has adjusted to that, I'm enjoying it too. I'm frantically knocking on wood now as I recognize I might have just jinxed it. Her eyes are still not brown, but not blue either. She has this deep belly laugh that her daddy just melts for and helps remind her mommy to just breathe and smile.




This is my big, beautiful, bossy, brown-eyed girl. She can talk herself into and out of any situation. She tells her younger sister stories at night to help them both fall asleep. She has her mother's overactive imagination and her daddy's smile. If anyone had any ideas how to keep life fun while at the same time lessening the drama, I would appreciate them.




Awww.....


Back to reality.

Evalyn loves here new sister. She wants to do all these fun things with Avery that Olivia does that with her. However, we have to constantly remind Evalyn that "even though Avery is almost as big as you, she is still a baby". I don't know how much it is sinking in.
Evalyn is my adorable little munchkin. She is talking all the time now and is still my reliable garbage disposal. When music comes on, she spins and spins and spins until she is dizzy and has no choice but to lay down. Hil ar ious.



And check out this handsome devil! Remember school pictures? Jacob get to take one every year...for the rest of his life. Ah, the ol' blue background. I love it. I keep trying to convince him to grow a beard or something because it would help age him. My junior in high school. I love him. Even when I'm going crazy, I know I love him.

Would that be in spite of my going crazy, or one of the side effects? Hmmm....

6 comments:

  1. My friend Megan, who has been a teacher for two or three years now, uses a roller backpack so all the kids know she's an adult and not another Freshman!! :)

    Love the pictures...all the girls look very big and grown-up.
    Will you please email me your address and phone number...I have a thank you note to send you and I want to call you next time I'm in Carey so we can visit! tifersarie at AOL dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you finally updated! Your girls are the cutest! As for fun activities, Ekena LOVES anything crafty. I spent some $ at the craft store and she and I learned how to make bracelets and necklaces...it's been so fun! We made about 10 of them and are giving them as Christmas gifts! It was a blast...I love your cute family! I can't wait to see more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! An update! Love those pictures. :) Especially the one of Evalyn squashing Avery's cheeks. Natalie does that to Abi-kate all the time. After lots of coaxing, she's learned to be gentle about it... most of the time. Of course, Cory and I do it too, so we're not the best examples.

    The pic of Jake is awesome! Brings back memories... He definitlely could pass for much younger than what he is.

    I think it's super adorable that Olivia tells Evalyn stories to help them fall asleep at night. I've been trying ot write down some of the "lyrics" to songs Natalie's been making up. Hilarious!

    We will be in Carey the 24th of December through most of January. I'd love to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was a real high school picture of Jake. Haha. I love the entry. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amy! This is th only way ti know to get in touch with you. :) I was thinking it would be fun to get with you and Annette and Tamarah either tomorrow evening or on the 26th sometime. I think Annette leaves sometime the 26th. Anyway, what do you think about meeting at the church gym and letting the kiddos bring toys/balls to play with? That, or if we want to let the daddys play "momma" we could all just meet at my parents house. Either way. If you read this (crossing my fingers) let me know what you think! Whether this works out or not, I still want to see you at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know what is going on! Avery looks so cute. And your other 2 girls too. I hope things are still going good up in the icy, cold weather in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete