It has been awhile and life is not really that busy, just crazy as it always is when I'm at home with 2 crazy girls. However, it is "March Forth!" today and to celebrate, I am posting a new blog.
Evalyn will be 1 year old this Saturday and that has come as a real shocker to me: She is not that old yet! She understands more than I give her credit for. Yesterday, I was trying to take care of twenty things at once, and somewhat facetiously asked her to "go find her taggy blankie for me". She waddled (still working on the steadiness of walking) back in a few minutes and handed me her taggy blankie. Now, I've begun 'testing' her to make sure it is not all in my head. It is hilarious how well she can follow directions like 'go find sister', 'hand me that book', or 'play the piano'. I just assume that Olivia is the only one old enough to understand things and it is amazing how fast Evalyn is growing as well. She thinks she is pretty darn cool with her walking- still unsteady, but growing more and more confident every day. Right now she has taken off her socks and is trying to fit cheerios in between her toes. I love to just watch her.
Olivia is an awesome big sister. Evalyn loves to get up at the crack of dawn and she and Olivia share a room. Evalyn will stand up in her crib and just start yelling to wake up the rest of the house. This morning we find Olivia throwing in stuffed animals, books, and even crackers (she climbed up onto the counter in the kitchen to get them) into Evalyn's crib in hopes of getting her to go back to sleep! Sometimes she would love for Evalyn to be smaller- Olivia still tries to hold her "baby style" and that doesn't work out so well. And even though they can drive each other absolutely crazy, Olivia is Evalyn's biggest advocate and defender; and Evalyn is Olivia's biggest fan. I love it.
Of course, their daddy thinks they are both angelic and amazing and advanced in every way. Because they have him fooled so well (they are both always so smiley when daddy comes home from work) and he doesn't care one bit, I am dedicating this page to my favorite girls and my favorite man. They are incredible. Even when I want to lock myself in my room with a "Calvin and Hobbes" and some chocolate ice cream with the threat of "I don't want anyone to come through that door for at least 30 minutes!"... I still love to hear them laughing and playing and loving life together.
You are blessed.....by the way Lisa is not afraid of telling me and the boys to stay out of the room or else!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...this last picture of all of them is so darn cute!!! It needs to be blown up and hung on the wall!
ReplyDeleteCan I get your mailing address? You can send it to me at my email tifersarie at aol dot com
amy-
ReplyDeleteyour girls are adorable! you have such an adorable family! hope things are well.- jenny mccann